Tonight, I Am Out

For some reason, I felt like going out tonight.

On a Wednesday.

I find myself thinking back more and more to the days of yore, when I led a jet setting life. All the stress and annoyances of travel and changing locales have been forgotten. The memories that remain are the adventures, the feeling of exploring new lands, meeting new people. I think... I think I miss that. After all the disdain I heaped on that lifestyle while I lived it, I now miss it. What a cliche.

There is nothing more I hate than uncertainty. It kills me when I don't know. Right now, I am embroiled in a stew of uncertainty. Am I going to lose my job in a month? Am I going to be accepted into a business school this fall? Am I going to be able to refinance my condo with Obama's new mortgage plan?

I don't know any of the answers above, and worst of all, I can't really do anything about it.

So, I went out. Correction: I AM out. I'm typing this entry on my BlackBerry at a bar right now. I can't believe how many people are out on a Wednesday. I barely got a seat around 9:30. If there's one thing that's recession-proof, it's beer. Once that starts to slide, you know things are bad.

I'm feeling pretty good right now, and it may or may not be the beer. But let's say it's not; I think I'm feeling good because I am out. I wanted to be out, so I went out, and now I am out.

Yes.

This is, at least, one thing I can control.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grueling Admissions Test Highlights a Racial Divide

Much Ado About Much Ado About Nothing

The Prodigal Son